Monday, July 2, 2007

Hello, Weeknight Meatloaf!

Meatloaf is one of those meals I used to not cook on a weeknight. By the time you did all the work to make the meatloaf, you still had an hour and a half left before the thing was done cooking. I don't know about you, but I don't like dinner at 8 p.m. One night I was seriously craving meatloaf and knew that I must find a way to cook it faster. When I want something, I will find a way. So, I am rummaging through my kitchen cabinets and I see my ramekins!

Ramekin

The ramekins are about 5 - 5.5 oz. each and are oven safe. Fill them most of the way, and you have a perfect little personal-sized meatloaf. So, I fill up about 6 ramekins with the meatloaf mixture, pop them in the oven on a baking sheet at the same temperature for the whole meatloaf. And voila! Meatloaf in 30 minutes and perfectly portioned. You can take them out of the ramekins to serve (use an oven mitt - they get very hot...being in the oven and all). They are adorable and yummy at the same time. Hello, Weeknight Meatloaf!

p.s. If you love sweet ketchup-y sauce on your meatloaf, mix about 1/4 cup of ketchup, a tbsp of mustard, and 1-2 tbsp brown sugar. Spoon this on 10 minutes before the meatloaf is done cooking. mmmm....

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Since my daughter usually works in the evening, I'm the only one here. Cooking a full meatloaf is pointless. By doing this, I could freeze some and keep some out for her as well. Thanks! :P

    ReplyDelete